Happy 2019! We are thrilled about the opportunity to, once again, provide cutting edge health and safety education to children, teens, and adults in the Tampa Bay area. In the nearly 30 years that MORE HEALTH has been in existence, we have developed 25 lessons covering topics such as bones, nutrition, firearm safety, trauma, safety & first aid, and many more. One of our favorite lessons is Five Senses “Five Alive,” and the new year is a wonderful time to refocus on our senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. Every day, day in and day out, we use our five senses without a second thought and these senses allow us to perceive our world.
Protect your 5 Senses!
- Sight – wear sunglasses or goggles with UV protection, shield eyes from the sun by wearing a hat, eat healthy meals which include colorful fruits and vegetables, and see an eye doctor for proper vision correction
- Hearing – never place anything inside the ear, avoid loud noises, and protect ears from noise by using earplugs
- Smell – avoid harmful fumes and pollution, teach children to ask an adult before smelling anything
- Taste – teach children to ask an adult before eating or drinking anything, call The Florida Poison Information Center at 1-800-222-1222 if a poisoning has occurred
- Touch – protect skin by choosing a sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher, apply 30 minutes prior to sun exposure and reapply every 2 hours